Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Just Run

There are a lot of moments in the day when I am excited, or tired or upset when I just want to run 10 miles. Some may call me crazy but there is something absolutely magical about hitting the pavement with your feet and feeling the wind pass your face as you  push yourself and go farther than you ever have gone before. When I run I am not competing against anyone else, I am just me.
    Change comes from inside. Before my mission I had a huge desire to run a marathon. I love running now, but I promise you before it was punishment. I was the chubby kid in 6th grade who pretended to twist there ankle so I didn't have to run the mile. I have asthma, I was out of shape,  my legs were to short- my excuses to get out of exercising were limitless. Then God helped me. He changed my heart. He helped me see the importance of keeping the only body I have healthy. He blessed me with desire.
     Training for an athletic event when you have never been an athlete can get a little out of hand. Luckily I had a lot of books to research about running techniques and skilled people who helped me on the way. Trial and error were my constant companions, but so were excitement and Joy.  Although I had a lot of pain, a lot of mistakes I was going farther every day, and my goals were being met. I realized I could accomplish everything. BUT- there 2 keys to the success I had. ACTION and PRAYER. I knew I had to act on the things I learned and that I had to include God because there was no way I could do it alone.
    Often in life it seems we forget those 2 keys. Thinking of doing something can be a lovely pastime for ourselves, but it gets us nowhere. So Get up!!! Go do what you have always wanted to do. Let God help you get there and be the best you there is. Don't let fear stop you. Overcome those obstacles and  become the champion within.






Hay un montón de momentos en el día en que me siento muy emocionada o cansada o molesta cuando yo sóla quiero correr 10 millas. Algunos pueden llamarme loca, pero hay algo absolutamente mágico acerca de golpear el pavimento con los pies y sentir el viento pasar a su cara como usted se empuja y van más lejos de lo que nunca han ido antes. Cuando corro no estoy compitiendo contra nadie, yo soy sóla yo.
     El cambio viene desde adentro. Antes de mi misión que tenía un gran deseo de correr un maratón. Me encanta correr ahora, pero le prometo que antes de que fuera un castigo. Yo era  gordita en el 6 º grado que pretendía torcer el tobillo existe, así que no tuve que correr la milla. Tengo asma, estaba fuera de forma, mis piernas estaban a corto, mis excusas para salir de ejercicio eran ilimitadas. Entonces Dios me ayudó. Él cambió mi corazón. Él me ayudó a ver la importancia de mantener el cuerpo único que tengo sano. Él me bendijo con el deseo.
     Formación para un evento deportivo cuando usted nunca ha sido un atleta puede conseguir un poco loco. Por suerte tenía un montón de libros a la investigación sobre las técnicas de funcionamiento y su personal especializado que me ayudaron en el camino. Ensayo y error fueron mis compañeros constantes, pero también lo eran el entusiasmo y la alegría. A pesar de que tenía mucho dolor, una gran cantidad de errores que iba más lejos cada día, y mis metas, están cumpliendo. Me di cuenta que podía lograr todo. PERO, hay 2 claves para el éxito que tenía. ACCION y LA ORACION. Yo sabía que tenía que actuar sobre las cosas que aprendí y que he tenido que incluir a Dios porque no había manera de que pudiera hacerlo sola.
    A menudo en la vida parece nos olvidamos de las 2 llaves. Pensando en hacer algo puede ser un pasatiempo encantador para nosotros mismos, sino que nos lleva a ninguna parte. Así que levántase! Ve a hacer lo que siempre ha querido hacer. Que Dios le ayude a llegar allí y ser lo mejor que hay. No deje que el miedo le detenga. Superar esos obstáculos y convertirse en el campeón del interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment